This section includes details about everything from dogs on leashes to picnic grounds, allowed food/beverages, rules/requirements with children, public areas vs private, policies, etc… pretty much everything visitors can expect when they are here at the Sunstone Estate. Our policies will change from time to time, as needed to make for the best possible customer experience!
Can I bring my dog?
Sure, but for the safety and respect for other customers and our employees, we require all dogs to remain outdoors and on a leash with the owner at all times while visiting the Sunstone estate. Please be empathetic to other customers, who may not appreciate having dogs present during their wine tasting experience. Should there be anyone uncomfortable about your dog in any way, we reserve the right to request that your dog be removed from the customer experience. Please pick up after your dog, and never leave your pets in a hot car! No other animals are allowed, especially monkeys.
Is Sunstone Family Friendly?
Absolutely, we are a family winery! But please remember, wine tasting is an adult activity. Please be empathetic to our adult customers who may not appreciate having kids present during their wine tasting experience. For your child’s safety, a parent is required to stay physically present with their child(ren) at all times while visiting the Sunstone estate. Please remind your children to remain quiet, as many of our customers want to visit Sunstone’s scenic tranquility in peace to get away from their noisy lives. Should there be anyone uncomfortable about your children in any way, we reserve the right to request that the parents escort their children away from our customer’s “experience”. And, please pick up after your kids and do NOT let them climb trees or buildings or hillsides. That goes for adult children too!
Have a Picnic at Sunstone!
Come relax on our expansive lawn which has 10 picnic tables for you to enjoy. Bring your food, dogs and kids. Picnic tables are available at no charge on a first come, first served basis, but can also be reserved for three-hour periods for $25 (complimentary for wine club members). Reserve a picnic table today.
The picturesque Santa Ynez Valley encompasses six communities clustered closely together like wine grapes. From the charming, tiny gem of rural Ballard, the bustling gateway city of Buellton, the vintage western town of Los Alamos, the arts-influenced wine-infused town of Los Olivos and the turn-of-the-20th-century township of Santa Ynez, to the northern European atmosphere of the city of Solvang founded by Danish-Americans in 1911, it’s relaxing and refreshing to meander and experience them all. Just two hours up the coast from Los Angeles, it feels like a world away with endless possibilities.
Experience the beauty and charm of The Santa Ynez Valley with an overnight stay in one of our 33 member hotels in the communities of Solvang, Santa Ynez, Los Olivos, Los Alamos, Buellton and Ballard. With 33 lodging options, you’re sure to find a great location within walking distance to fun activities for all.
- VisitSYV.com (The BEST website to plan your visit and stay in Santa Ynez Valley)
- Santa Ynez Vacation Rentals
TAKE SUNSTONE ON A DINNER DATE
What’s on the menu? Everything from down-home American to authentic Danish and smorgasbord to sushi to modern Italian-American cuisine. There’s something delicious here to please any palate and pocketbook. You’ll find restaurants spot-lighting local ingredients, romantic hideaways, family-friendly pancake houses, brew pups, oodles of al fresco dining options, wine from the valley’s award-winning vineyards and even locally-brewed beers. Local chefs scour the Solvang Village Farmers Market for just-picked produce every Wednesday afternoon year-round in downtown Solvang (on First St. between Mission Dr. and Copenhagen Dr.). Seasonal farm stands burst with fresh fruits and veggies, lavender, olive oils and more, adding to the strong rural flavor of the area. Click Visit.SYV for a complete list of restaurants and cafes, but below is a list of our recommendations.
Santa Ynez (Approximately 3 miles away)
- Brothers Restaurant at the Red Barn (American Cuisine) 3539 Sagunto Street (805) 688-4142
- Dos Carlitos (Mexican Restaurant) 3544 Sagunto Street (805) 688-0033
- SY Kitchen (Italian Restaurant) 1110 Faraday Street (805) 691-9794
- Trattoria Grappolo (Italian Restaurant) 3687 Sagunto Street (805) 688-6899
- The Lucky Hen Larder (Cheese Shop) 1095 Meadowvale Road (805) 691-9448
- The Bakers Table (Bakery) 3563 Numancia Street (805) 688-4856
- El Rancho Marketplace (Marketplace) 2886 Mission Drive (805) 688-4300
Los Olivos (Approximately 6 miles away)
- Los Olivos Wine Merchant and Café (Californian Restaurant) 2879 Grand Avenue (805) 688-7265
- The Bear & Star 2860 Grand Avenue (805) 686-5455
- Sides Hardware & Shoes – A Brothers Restaurant (American Cuisine) 2375 Alamo Pintado Avenue (805) 688-4820
Solvang (Approximately 5 miles away)
- Fresco Valley Café (American Cuisine) 442 Atterdag Road (805) 688-8857
- First & Oak (Californian Restaurant) 409 1st Street (805) 688-1703
- Root 246 (American Cuisine) 420 Alisal Road (805) 686-8681
- Succulent Café (American Cuisine) 1555 Mission Drive (805) 691-9444
- The Solvang Bakery (Bakery) 438 Alisal Road (805) 688-4939
- Mad & Vin
- New Frontier’s Marketplace (Natural Foods Marketplace) 1984 Old Mission Drive (805) 693-1746
Buellton (Approximately 8 miles away)
- The Hitching Post II (Barbeque Restaurant) 406 E Hwy 246 (805) 688-0676
- Figueroa Mountain Brewing Co. (American Cuisine & Brewery) 45 Industrial Way (805) 694-2252
- Industrial Eats (Modern Cuisine, Wood fired Oven, Butcher Shop) 181 Industrial Way (805) 688-8807
- Taproom at Firestone Walker Brewing Company (American Cuisine & Brewery) 620 McMurray Road (805) 686-1557
- Alisal Guest Ranch & Golf Resort, 1054 S. Alisal Road, Solvang, CA 93463 (805) 688-6411
- Ostrichland USA 610 E Hwy 246, Buellton, CA 93427 (805) 686-9696
- Santa Barbara Wine Country Cycling Tours, 3630 Sagunto St, Santa Ynez, CA 93460 (805) 686-9490
- Santa Ynez Valley Historical Museum & Parks-Janeway Carriage House, 3596 Sagunto Street, Santa Ynez, CA 93460 (805) 688-7889
- Seein’ Spots Farm – Miniature Donkeys and Mules, 2599 Baseline Avenue, Solvang, CA 93463, 805-688-2275
- Sky’s the Limit Ballooning Adventures, Santa Ynez Valley Airport, 900 Airport Rd., Santa Ynez, CA 93460, (760) 602-0295
- Solvang Vintage Motorcycle Museum, Solvang Village Square, 320 Alisal Road, Solvang, CA 93463, (805) 686-9522
- Vino Vaqueros Horseback Riding, 2178 Mora Ave, Santa Ynez, CA 93460, (805) 944-0493
LOCAL TAXI SERVICE
(if being picked up from Sunstone, please specify your location to the taxi driver — Villa or Winery)
- 805 Taxi – (805) 291-0425
- Solvang Taxi – (805) 686-8294
- Hospital/Emergency Room, Santa Ynez Valley Cottage Hospital, 2050 Viborg Road, Solvang, CA 93463, (805) 688-6431
- Fire Department, Station 32, 906 Airport Road, Santa Ynez, CA 93460 , (805) 686-5058
- Fire Department, Station 30, 1644 Oak Street, Solvang, CA 93464 , (805) 686-8184
- Poison Control: California Poison Control System, (800) 222-1222
- Veterinarian: Vet’s Here! Mobile Veterinary Service (805) 693-4244 Info@VetsHere.com
- Veterinarian: Santa Ynez Pet Hospital, 3523 Numancia Street, Santa Ynez, CA 93460 (805) 688-4944
- Veterinarian: Solvang Veterinary Hospital, 2025 Mission Drive, Solvang, CA 93463 (805) 688-6484