Recipe: Linda’s Persimmon Pudding Steamed Cake
Sunstone 2019 Symphonie du Soleil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup persimmon pulp
- Mix together dry ingredients and set aside.
- Beat butter until creamy, and then fold in milk and persimmon pulp.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients together and pour into buttered mold. Cover with foil or lid.
- Place into steamer and steam 2 hours. Do not remove lid!!
- Cool and then invert onto plate.
- Serve with hard sauce or whipped cream.
Recipe by Brittany Rice, Sunstone Winemaker and Chef