- 2 cups brown rice (prepared)
- 4- Chicken Thighs
- 1/2 Cup- Sunstone Syrah
- 5- Blood Oranges
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 1 yellow onion – finely chopped
- Olive oil or Grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons, fresh ginger- minced
- Handful of Baby Bella and Shiitake mushrooms
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1 whole blood orange rounds (thinly sliced rounds for garnish over chicken for garnish over chicken.
Herbs & Spices:
- 4 Basil leaves-finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Cilantro finely chopped
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 Tsp-coriander
- 1/4 Tsp Cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp-orange zest
- 1/4 to 1/2 Tsp-ancho chili powder
- Salt to taste.
- Make Brown Rice before or during prep.
- In Medium bowl added following ingredients to make a rub of 1-2 Tsp- Olive or Grapeseed Oil; All Herbs and spices
- Rub onto chicken and let settle in bowl.
- Meanwhile, add oil to sauté pan and heat to medium.
- Sauté garlic, onion and ginger and remove from pan, but keep juices from oil.
- Then Sauté mushrooms and spinach then set aside, but don’t clean pan. Then drizzle a little more oil if needed and with same pan then sear chicken thighs with all oil, herbs and spices, for 2-3 minutes on both sides.
- Slowly add Syrah and then blood orange juice. Place lid on and reduce heat to low and slow cook for at least 25 minutes or until tender.
- Take out Bay Leaf before serving.
*For more orange flavor include orange peels and take out when finished cooking.