- BUTTER –. (1 STICK -1/2 Cup, room temp)
- POWDER SUGAR (3/4 Cup)
- ALMOND- PISTACHIO BUTTER (1-1/2 Cups)
- COFFEE (½-CUP)
- AP FLOUR (2- ¼ CUPS)
- BAKING POWDER (1-1/2- tsp)
- BAKING SODA (1-1/2 Tbsp)
- SUGAR (1-3/4 CUPS)
- EGGS (3-large eggs)
- COCONUT CREAM (6oz)
- APPLESAUCE (3/4 Cup)
- ALMOND BUTTER. (½ CUP)
- BOURBON VANILLA EXTRACT (2-tsp)
- PORT WINE (1/2 CUP + 1/2 CUP)
- DARK CHOCOLATE, 120Z (melted, fold into liquids)
FINELY CHOPPED FRESH OR DRIED CHERRIES (2 CUPS)
CHOCOLATE GANACHE- MAKE LAST WHEN GLAZING CAKE
- DARK BITTER CHOCOLATE 75%+ (1 CUP)
- COCONUT CREAM (1/2 CUP)
FOR DÉCOR: GROUND NUTS (PISTACHIO, ALMONDS, PECANS) OR SHREEDED COCONUT.
- 12-24 hours ahead soak cherries in Port Wine (dried or fresh pitted cherries). Reserve Port for cake recipe.
- Next day, Pre-Heat Oven to 350, Choose Cake Pan 1- 8-inch cake pan for two layers or mini cake pans for (3-4) for three layers. Spray with coconut oil spray, parchment the bottom on the pans.
- Filling Step #1: In Mixer: Blend the Pistachio and Almonds together in blender, with a ½ cup coffee.
- Filling Step #2: ream butter adds sifted powder sugar slowly as its mixes, and then blended nut butter. Mix until blended, and place into bowl cover airtight with plastic so it doesn’t dry out and lid, refrigerate if using next day, should be spreadable when adding filling in between cake layers.
- Boil water in small saucepan and place chocolate in a stainless-steel bowl. Melt chocolate in the bowl over the boiling water. Whisk until slightly cools and keep whisking periodically while mixing next ingredients.
- Add all dry ingredients into medium bowl, mix until incorporated.
- In Mixer, mix eggs, coconut cream and apple sauce, mix lightly. Then add other wet ingredients. Almond butter to port. Then slowly incorporate the dark chocolate (make sure chocolate is not too hot , don’t want to curdle eggs). Lastly, fold in port-soaked cherries. Fold dry ingredients to complete the cake batter.
- Pour batter into cake pans evenly, bake according to size of pans. Small pans should bake about 20 min but always double check, for the large 8-inch rounds about 35-45 min but again check with a toothpick. Let cakes cool, next day is best, cut them into layers desired. Coat layers with simple syrup (sugar and water heated and melt sugar, cool) then spread the filling on to each layer. Layer on cardboard cake circles and then on cake stand for large cake or sheet pans for mini cakes.
- Melt chocolate w/ coconut cream in stainless bowl, over stainless saucepan. Stir continually until melted, don’t want to separate the chocolate. After melted pull away from heat and keep stirring for about 5-6 minutes., place bowl in freezer for 3 minutes to help cool if needed. Make sure chocolate is pourable but not too thin. Pour evenly over cakes, let cool for 1 hours before décor.
- Working with mini cakes – Once cakes are layered, on a sheet pan with waxed paper , place cooling rack on top then transfer mini cakes one at a time and pour over chocolate ganache. For large cake on cake stand pour over chocolate ganache. décor sides of cake with slightly ground pistachios or and coconut.