Pairs perfectly with our 2019 Viognier, Santa Ynez Valley
“Vanilla, cotton candy, honeysuckle, white peach and pear aromas dominate on the nose. This wine is crisp and vibrant on the palate. Round mouthfeel finishes with bitter pith and stone fruit notes lingering on the palate.”
Grilled Fish Tacos
- 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 serrano chiles, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Eight 6-ounce red snapper fillets, skinned
- 1 lb. red cabbage, shredded
- 1 lb. green cabbage, shredded
- ¼ cup red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons Mexican crema, plain yogurt, or sour cream
- Kosher salt
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 dozen 6 inch corn tortillas
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges and hot sauce, for serving
In a bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, chiles, and paprika with 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
Put the snapper fillets in the bowl and rub with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours.
In another large bowl, mix the green and red cabbage with the red onion.
In a small bowl, mix the yogurt and mayonnaise. Pour over the cabbage and season with salt and pepper and toss.
Cover the cole slaw with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
In a food processor, puree the avocados with the lime juice. Blend in the sour cream. Scrape the avocado cream into a bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Light a grill. Season the snapper fillets with salt and pepper and grill the fish over a moderately hot fire for about 3 minutes per side, or until just cooked through. Transfer the fish to a platter, break the fish into large chunks, and cover loosely with foil.
Wrap 3 stacks of 12 tortillas in foil and place on the grill until heated through (about 5 minutes).
To assemble each taco, spread a dollop of avocado cream on a tortilla. Top with a piece of fish, a large spoonful of coleslaw and some cilantro leaves.
Squeeze some lime and hit it with some hot sauce of your choice. We like Tapatio in this application. Enjoy!