Summer Arugula and Melon Salad with Crispy Prosciutto and Goat Cheese
Pairs perfectly with our 2016 Sunstone Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 container of baby arugula
- 2 cups shaved melon: cantaloupe, Crenshaw, and/or honeydew
- 1 log of goat cheese (about 4-6 oz)
- 2 oz prosciutto, small dice
- Melon Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
Summer Melon Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup cantaloupe pureed
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons of freshly squeezed meyer lemon juice (or lime juice)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a blender or mason jar. Blend (or shake) all ingredients vigorously until well combined.
For the salad:
Heat a sauté pan under medium high heat. Place diced prosciutto in pan and fry until crispy. Place on paper towels to drain. Once it is cooled, toss it with the arugula in a large bowl, along with the diced melons, and crumble the goat cheese in there with it. Drizzle in the melon vinaigrette and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper as needed. Add a little extra goat cheese. You deserve it.